Demand Planner/Assistant Merchandiser/ Merchandise Planner / Assistant Channel Planner
Up to £30,000 + Benefits
Our client is a successful, global retailer who are going from strength to strength both in store and online. This role similar to a Demand Planner is based in their Head Office in Buckinghamshire, working with the Planning & Allocation team. You will be responsible for trading the current range in order to maximise sales across all trading channels whilst ensuring optimum availability. You will be responsible for delivering optimum sales by reviewing sales and stock forecasts at store/channel level and executing stock balancing activities in line with company strategy. You will be responsible for building capability within planning and allocation organisation by ensuring individual development and training needs are met.
As Demand Planner you will be a commercially aware individual who has previous experience within a relevant merchandising role. You will have the ability to quickly gain a good understanding of systems and processes as well as strong communication skills. You will need to combine your commercial knowledge and awareness of our product ranges with a natural ability to build working relationships to deliver a first-class service.
- Management of stock flow ensuring optimal availability at sku/store across each channel, highlighting issues and opportunities.
- Trade stock across the business, identifying priorities within channels, to maximise sales opportunities.
- Analyse store performance to ensure optimal stock support to drive sales and manage store stock levels accordingly.
- Identify key products/never out of stock lines and collaborate with Buying to ensure sufficient inbound to maximise sales potential.
- Work with Logistics Planning team to ensure effective planning of inbound/outbound stock flow to create a dynamic and ever-changing mix of product to create the best customer experience.
- Collaborate with the Buying & Marketing teams on promotional calendar activity to ensure sufficient stock levels are in place to support price and location changes in store.
- Partnering with Retail ops, area and store managers, to ensure stores are supported in achieving sales targets and to address issues and opportunities.
- Be a proactive participant in your own personal development and display drive and enthusiasm in achieving your career goals.
- Develop capability within the Planning & Allocation team.
- Other ad hoc duties such as analysis and reporting as requested by your line manager.
Skills & Experience
- 1 to 2 years previous merchandising experience would be preferable.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Commercially aware with excellent communication skills, pro-active and positive approach.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to find out more about, please upload your cv to apply now.