Assistant Logistics Planner – (12 month maternity contract)
up to £29,000
Our client is a successful, global retailer who are going from strength to strength both in store and online. They are currently recruiting to build their team with an Assistant Logistics Planner in their Head Office in Buckinghamshire, working within the Logistics Planning team.
Working in our Logistics Planning team, your main objective will be to manage the replenishment system to ensure product is despatched to the stores in accordance with business needs and stock and sales opportunities are optimised across the business. You will also liaise with the warehouse team to ensure their picking workflow is managed to reflect seasonal volumes.
You will need to be confident and commercially astute with previous experience in a retail environment. You will also have the ability to identify and resolve stock issues in conjunction with the buyers, stock integrity and warehouse management teams.
- Manage the allocation of stock from the warehouse to stores to optimise store availability to support sales and physical merchandising. This includes prioritising KPIs for specific promotional events, catalogues, product launches, store openings, intake priority and clearance.
- To ensure that store allocations are fed across to the Goods out team and that the warehouse have sufficient work to complete their picking schedule.
- To ensure the warehouse are kept up to date with any changes/requests made to the delivery schedule and to notify stores of any over pallet max requests/additional deliveries.
- Work with Planning & Allocation team to ensure effective planning of inbound/outbound stock flow to create a dynamic and ever changing mix of product to create the best customer experience and ensure this is reflected on the profimetrics system.
- To ensure that any system issues/ interface issues are identified and resolved in conjunction with all relevant parties including stock integrity and IT.
- To ensure all specific stock requests are efficiently and accurately processed through the system.
- Be a proactive participant in your own personal development and display drive and enthusiasm in achieving your career goals.
- Develop capability within the Planning & Allocation team.
- Other ad hoc duties such as analysis and reporting as requested by your line manager.
Skills & Experience
- Previous retail experience is essential, preferably with a strong background in logistics/demand planning and/or merchandise planning management.
- Replenishment experience would be an advantage.
- Practical experience of using Excel at an intermediate level.
- Logical and methodical approach with good problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills to be able to prioritise effectively.